Tuesday, July 08, 2008

too hot for wool?

Hi blog! It's hot here. Almost too hot for knitting and too hot to want to have a sweaterful of yarn in one's lap. So for the moment I shifted over to the sewing machine for some crafty fun.

new skirt!

We had a lot of rain this holiday weekend, so ended up staying inside and making a skirt. This is Simplicity pattern #3834 -skirt B. I had a lot of help and hand holding with this wonderful tutorial from Green Kitchen. I have a lot to learn about sewing and it still takes me most of a day to make a skirt.

There is a little bit of knitting going on - I've been making some noro stripy socks from some noro kureyon sock leftovers:

noro stripy sock

I also finished a store sample for Webs: the Lily Vest out of Misti Alpaca sport weight. It's a little too small for me to model and it's too hot out anyway.

lily vest

stay cool peeps!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Your skirt is so cute! I am just getting into trying to sew some clothes - I got a great skirt book called Sew What Skirts. Lots of cute things in there.

I'm loving the Noro stripey socks too!
Saty cool ;)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Jill L said...

Wow great projects! Love everything!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Great projects...I especially love that skirt. The colors, the design, the fit...so fabulous!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the skirt! I have some patterns and fabric but can't seem to work myself up to going to the machine. The Noro sock is cool as well. Do you worry about floats in the sock as you switch rows?

6:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Love the socks! Do you know which colors you're using? great projects!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I love your skirt! I'm just starting to sew so I'm all about the nice simple skirts. Where did you get the cool fabric?

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the skirt! I should really try sewing myself some skirts...it's so darn hot here, too!

The Noro sock looks amazing...I love the stipey goodness.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors of the sock..

I don't so much mind the heat of a big knit project on my lap, but it makes me itchy in the summer due to wearing shorts. Sometimes I just put a dishtowel on my lap.

Can't stop knitting :)
Julie

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home