Sunday, June 08, 2008

birthday fun and other catching up

birthday treats

I've been having fun this weekend celebrating my birthday. I like to stretch the celebration out as long as I can, really making it more of a season. Luckily Elliott and my friends put up with this indulgence. We've had some yummy dinners and this morning on the actual day Elliott gave me a platter of cupcakes and a sweet pile of gifts - mainly little treats I wouldn't get myself. He also gave me a homemade mix CD that will amuse me on my long weekly drives into work. Love the homemade gifts.

spring happy roving

Other than that it's fairly quite around here. I did manage to have somewhat of a craft vacation. I had a fun week with crafty social activities in the afternoons and did a little work in the morning. Perfect! Gail the Kangaroo Dyer let me play in her studio and I got to dye some rovings, my favorite is a gradation of greens to blues. I was so excited I could hardly wait for it to dry before I spun it up. I didn't even take a photo! Later in the week I whipped out the crochet hook and crocheted me a queen anne lace scarf. It's a little on the short side but it should make a lovely cowl like scarf come fall.

queen anne scarf

My creation

And gardening happiness! My upstairs neighbor and I are working on an ever growing container garden around our house. This year's addition is actual veges, not just flowers, so we have some cukes and tomatoes and our fingers crossed.

In other knitting Elliott's noro raglan sweater is almost done and once it stops being 95 billion degrees I can probably get some shots...

Have a fun rest of your weekend peeps!

10 Comments:

Blogger Ami said...

Happy Birthday! Love the containers- I still need to get to mine... it's been miserably cold and rainy here so not much incentive.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Birthday girl! Glad to hear you had a wonderful bday. My best wishes for the new year!
Potted gardening sounds so much fun and rewarding. Am sure you summer will be filled with the freshest veggies etc.

Cherio!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes look mouth watering yummy. :-)

9:09 PM  
Blogger LeAnna said...

Happy Birthday, Cheryl! We hope it was a great day!
-B&L

11:30 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Happy birthday! I want a cupcake right now.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Ulla V. said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday - congratulations!

You are so lucky to have a husband who gives you cupcakes and homemade gifts....sweet ;0)

I totally see why you were excited about the yarn...the green and blue are some of my favourites too.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

happy birthday! The gardening and dyeing look fab too!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday chica! and i agree. i like to have birthday weeks (or months) and try to use any excuse to celebrate.

11:36 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

gorgeous roving and it looks just beautiful crocheted up as an 'anne' scarf. I'm making one of these myself, but yours looks so much more interesting! :)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was really great. Your container garden looks fantastic.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home