Wednesday, March 05, 2008

where does the time go?

I looked under the sofa, in the refrigerator and on top of the yarn stash, but I cannot find where the past couple of weeks have gotten off to. At any rate I need to desperately update you on the current knitting situation. Here is exhibit A:

sylph cardigan front

sylph cardigan back

sylph cardigan buttonband

I've been knitting up a Sylph cardigan for Webs.
pattern: Sylph cardigan from Interweave Knits spring 08 - ravelry link
yarn: Valley Yarns Deerfield Heather Blue - 8 balls
size: 35" bust
needles: 5's and 6's

Exhibit B:

swatching fun

handspun yoke action

I'm been knitting away at my first sweater with some handspun yarn action. You can see the test swatch where I sorted out gauge and color combinations. Below that is the start of the yoke. I'm staring with the neck and going top down because I think it will be easier to sort out how the yoke design will work from the top. At this point I'm working on the body, and if it's sunny tomorrow I'll post another progress photo. I'm using Meg Swansen's spiral yoke sweater as a formula which has 7 sets of small increases to keep a nice spiral action. So what's new with you all?

16 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

That's some crisp work...the cardigan is gorgeous!

I need to amass enough handspun for a sweater as well!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, everything looks great! :-)

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up with the handspun yarn - the colour results look amazing.

Great to hear you've been busy knitting!

6:40 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

omg, I had to go directly to Ravelry and queue that Sylph - it is gorgeous! Simply perfect for the upcoming spring! And the handspun spirals are starting out fabulously!

7:45 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

the cardigan is beautiful. adrian showed it to us in flickr last weekend and the handspun is gorgeous.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheryl! That yoke is breath-taking!!!! So pretty!!!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it looks amazing! how are things?

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cardigan is gorgeous - straight to Ravelry I go to add another to my queue!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

The cardigan is just beautiful. You did such a great job with it. I love seeing all of your handspun!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Prunila said...

I can only say: pretty, pretty,pretty, pretty, pretty, very pretty!!! I love it. And it looks bought not "home made", you are reaching the perfection ;-)

9:49 AM  
Blogger cosymakes said...

that is some seriously beautiful handspun knitting.

seriously.

beautiful.

takes my breath away.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exhibit A and B are beautiful as usual. Your handspun is gorgeous and will make a knockout of a sweater. Can't wait to see the progress. You're lucky you've had some sun. St.Louis has been grey, grey, grey with a touch of snow but mostly grey. Yarn colors keep me happy.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

The cardi looks great - nice work. The use of the handspun is perfect, keep posting the progress.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors look so gorgeous together. What a great use for handspun!

10:04 AM  
Blogger mel said...

Oh that Sylph cardigan is a lovely piece of knitting - it must be hard to send it away!

And I'm completely in love with your handspun yoke. Perfect!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

another lovely and creative knit. i can't wait to see how it turns out!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home