Sunday, February 03, 2008

just a quickie

I've been making friends with my grandma's Singer 600 deluxe sewing machine. I forgot to take a photo, but it looks pretty much like this. We had a casual conversation over this little log cabin pillowcase that I whipped out with inspiration from Denyse Schmidt's Quilts book.

log cabin pillow

This is a combination of Marimekko fabric and some amazing fabric Lucy at Zebraknits gave me from Africa. Now this girl can sew! If you want to go see some amazing quilts - go visit her blog!

bunny cardigan buttonband

Then the Singer and I had a more serious conversation when I put her through her paces and she whipped out 8 buttonholes in grosgrain ribbon like it was nothing. I think on our next date we'll have to check out all of her decorative stitches. Anyway, the ribbon is for the bunny cardigan who quickly developed stretched out buttonholes. I'm hoping that backing the buttonbands with ribbon will solve my problem.

4 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

I love the bright colors on that pillow - so cheery and fun! Great job :)

5:31 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

the fabrics complement each other so well! i love that some are distinctly african, and distinctly finnish! :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger LizzieK8 said...

Isn't it nice to have a friend named Singer? A good sewing machine is such a useful tool.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Singer! Welcome to great sewing. Glad that the machine is working so well. You have made a fantastic pillow... now you've inspired me to use my marimeko fabric and my DS Quilt book to make something! But, that will be after the big project is finished. Let's keep sewing!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home