Sunday, December 16, 2007

homestretch

We are snowed in today with a lovely mixture of snow, freezing rain and ice. And I'm happy as a clam to be inside the house of yarn with all outdoor plans canceled. I'm almost done with holiday knitting and soon I can show you the results once everything is gifted.

But in the meanwhile I finished a store sample for WEBS in record time. Here she is:

henley perfected

henley perfected

henley perfected detail

henley perfected backview


got your specs right here:
pattern - Henley Perfected by Connie Chang Chinchio from Interweave Knits winter 07
yarn - Blue Sky Alpaca Silk color 139 peacock
needles - 2's and 3's
size - 35" bust
notes - No changes to the pattern. It needed one heck of a blocking with the lace work on the top, but then it sewed up quite nicely. It still needs some buttons, but I'll grab some at the store. The alpaca silk is draping quite nicely and is really a perfect fit for this sweater.

More to come soon! I've got a busy week ahead before Elliott and I head to Michigan for Christmas.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

That looks great on you...gorgeous colour....will you get it back eventually?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Fantastic color and it turned out so nicely too.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Hi Cheryl,
Love this version. The color is so lovely on you.

Yes, the alpaca silk is very drapey. I was constantly trying to make it work for me as I was designing this, but it did make it difficult - hence the doubled hem and collar.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, C.

Great sweater! It looks terrific on you and I agree, it's a great color for you. Might you be able to keep this one? Just this once? Am still amazed how quickly you work!

Nice job.

xx, a.

12:51 AM  
Blogger S t a c i said...

Wow...what a pretty sweater and great fit! I didn't want to make this until now!

:)
S t a c i
www.verypink.com

8:00 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Wow, what a gorgeous top! And that color is amazing.

12:43 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

That is a lovely sweater. Do you get to keep it after they show it on WEBS. It would be ashame if you couldn't wear it again.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

That's beautiful! I loved this sweater in the magazine, but I think yours looks even better. I am mad for a good peacock blue.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Henly looks fantastic on you! I wish you could keep it! Your knitting amazes me.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home