Wednesday, October 24, 2007

knitting away

There are so many great postings about Rhinebeck aka the New York Sheep and Wool festival milling about the blogsphere, I'm not sure what else I can report. I went on Saturday with my friend Rachel and had a really nice time. The weather was stunning, warm sunny and breezy but too hot for the bunny sweater which had to stay in the car. I forgot my camera, but imagine me inserting here pictures of cute sheep and goats, gorgeous wool, some guy standing on the back of two large draft horses with plumes on their bridles, fried pickles, the Ravelry meetup and that kind of thing. I may have managed to bring back a big bag of wool in anticipation of a spinning wheel. Maybe some yarn as well, who can say?

ironwork sock

Last week I managed to finish my first ironwork sock. Run, run now and check out this wonderful pattern available at KelpKnits.

clara cardigan

When you all weren't looking I managed to squeak out a store sample for WEBS. This is the Clara cardigan pattern knit in Valley Yarns Goshen in color 17 purple haze. That's all of the news on this end. I'll probably stop by the Franklin County Fiber Twist festival in Deerfield this Saturday because I can't resist a local wool festival. If you're in western Massachusetts you should check it out!

3 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

and what great looking wool it might be!

it was great meeting you finally!

6:30 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Oooo I really like the socks. It has a strong looking heel and the pattern is lovely.

So many knitting things going on this time of year.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Nice socks! I can't wait for a chance to knit a pair of my own.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home