Sunday, October 14, 2007

fair isle bunnies FO

All done!

fair isle bunny cardigan

fair isle bunny cardigan  side view

fair isle bunny cardigan

Here are the specs:

pattern: my own, with much help from the EZ EPS system. The lovely bunnies charted pattern is from this site. I knit this puppy in the round from the bottom up with a center steek.

yarn: Cascade 220 plus various leftovers of worsted weight yarn

needles: knit picks options circular 6's and 4's for the folded hems

gauge: 20 sts. and 27 rows to 4 inches

notes: I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. The sizing is right on and I'm really pleased with the color combinations and how the bunnies look around the yoke. On the down side, the buttonholes are a tiny bit too large for the buttons, and the buttonbands are pulling a little bit even though the sweater is not that tight. Also, the stripes under the yoke don't quite align, I think, because I started the rounds in the middle of the steak. Always more to learn, right?

I'll be wearing this one at Rhinebeck on Saturday, so if you see the bunnies stop and say hi! Hope to see you there.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Cheryl it's awesomely gorgeous!!!! Lovely sweater - I am quite impressed it's your own pattern :)

I won't be able to get to Rhinebeck until Sunday, so I'll miss you. Do enjoy!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Wow! What a fantastic designer you are. It turned out so well and looks wonderful on you too.

7:48 PM  
Blogger RiverCitySTL said...

Adorable!

8:47 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Love it! The colours are fun and the bunnies are way too fun. What is the Rhinebeck?

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one funky sweater!It suits you so well, I'm so impressed that you designed it yourself- bravo!

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh!Goodness me! What an impressively gorgeous fair isle sweater you mad! It's also bright and happy looking and I just love it on you! Two Thumbs up!!!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are so cute! Will you be my sweetheart? Love, E

12:26 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Wow, your sweater turned out so well! I can't get over how much I like the colors and those darn cute bunnies too. Have a great time at Rhinebeck!

:)

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Cheryl! You are seriously gifted. The sweater is beautiful...totally you. I'm so proud of you!

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. The bunnies are the best. Have fun at Rhinebeck.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love this! Such great colors and it looks fab on you!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! Nothing can match the knitted baby blue jeans though!! Those are a show stopper!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home