Wednesday, August 15, 2007

look what I finished!

I've got a whole pile of almost finished lying around, if you know what I mean, and I finally whipped out the sewing needle last night to put the final touches on this sweater.

bella ella yoke sweater front

bella ella yoke detail

bella ella button detail

bella ella embroidered label

bella ella embroidered label detail

bella ella yoke sweater
pattern: my own
size: 24" diameter, should fit a 2 year old
yarn: Cascade 220 superwash colors: 7628 / 9061 / 9416
needles: 8's and 5's
extras: hand embroidered label, grosgrain ribbon woven through yoke

I'm pretty pleased with this design. I wanted to make a sweater for my friends' daughter who is quite the fashion plate, and who likes colors other than pink. It took a bit of scheming to figure where to put in some short rows to raise up the back of the neck without interrupting the striping pattern or making the yoke design look off balance. I finally decided to add an extra stripe in the main body on the back before the yoke - you can see it here:

bella ella yoke sweater back

I was hoping to make a sweater for a girl who is turning one, but clearly I don't understand kid sizing, as unfortunately I ended up with a sweater much larger than she is now, probably something she can wear next year as a two year old. Back to the drawing board!

Labels:

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling sweater! Better bigger than smaller. I just knit a sweater for a not-yet-born baby in a size 4!

6:06 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

that sweater is so adorable.

6:19 PM  
Blogger margene said...

Very, very cute! You do such nice work and I love the personal touches, too.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Positively cute! I love it!

8:03 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

I just saw your beautiful logo for spin out on Cara's blog. Well done! Did you hand letter? It is really very clean.

Your knits are also gorgeous! I like the label too. Well I guess generally you are a great designer. I will enjoy reading to see what's next.

10:12 PM  
Blogger allie said...

That's such a sweet sweater. I love the stripes and the ribbon. Also, I love the "yb" tag. It's absolutely adorable.

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lovely! I adore the color combo with the touches of pink.

Ahhh-dorable.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. I love, love, love it! And I agree, bigger way better than smaller. And I wanted to say I love your spin out logo, so cool!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The colors are absolutely perfect!

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning sweater. I love it!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a grown up version of that sweater! It looks great.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That sweater is really stinkin' cute. I love the little bit of pink ribbon.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the little details, it makes me yearn for embroidered labels to sew on things.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Goce said...

The sweater is great!

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so talented. I love the sweater AND the tag!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

The sweater is absolutely gorgeous. I love the ribbon woven through there, it's a great touch.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one of the cutest sweaters I've ever seen! Congrats!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home