Sunday, July 08, 2007

babies don't wait for their accessories

Even though I made a handy list of newly arriving babies to knit for, somehow I am getting a bit behind in my baby gift knitting. I decided to scale back a bit from the baby sweater plan and managed to knit up some fun newborn treats in a couple of movie-watching evenings. If you get the impression that all we do here in the evening at chez yarnbee is watch movies you're pretty much right.

The best thing about newborn accessories is that they knit up so quickly! Like these wonderfully cute baby bootees from saartje knits. They practically fall of the needles. Paired up with a cute stripy hat, you've got yourself a great gift. I think I can get them delivered before the baby comes - we'll see!

hat and bootees for stacia's boy

specs:
bootees -
pattern: free PDF from saartje knits - see link on sidebar
yarn: Sidar DK Snuggly
needles: 2.5mm

hat -
pattern: made up as I went along
yarn: Sidar DK Snuggly
needles: 2.5mm and 3mm

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, yummy!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Ami said...

Cute, cute, cute!

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are adorable gifts!

3:48 PM  
Blogger tomoko said...

mmm... very cute, indeed!

9:21 AM  
Blogger anxiousdog said...

Oh so cute! I'm glad you posted this because I had been looking for a *free* pattern!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

those booties are everywhere these days. i might have to try them. they look great up the hat. i always do hats for babies. they're fun to make and give.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home