Friday, May 18, 2007

I don't have the blues, but a good handle on the turquoises

Hey I've got a finished object to show you all!

baby aran sweater

baby aran cable detail

baby aran label detail

baby aran buttons

I knit most of this on a work tip to St. Louis last week. Because it was the smallest size (three months) it was pretty quick to make. Here are the specs:

Pattern: baby aran sweater from Knitting for Baby
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted - 2 skeins of 4045 blue (used 1 1/2 skeins)
Needles: 5's and 8"s
Size: 3 months

Notes: I was trying to knit something bright and fun without being too gender specific. A good friend of mine is expecting this summer and she doesn't want to know the gender beforehand. She's also pretty funky and I'm sure any child of hers can pull off a bright turquoise traditional cabled sweater with fashion ease. I added the usual hand-embroidered label and fun buttons because I'm convinced that this sweater will look 100 times better with these little finishing details. Plus they're fun to make. I'm not a huge fan of the Encore yarn since it splits a bit and has some acrylic content, but it's inexpensive and machine washable. And I'm thinking moms of young babies might like machine washable goods.

I think this baby may also require a norwegian baby hat - check out this excellent hat that Hello Yarn just finished.

stripy sock on the way

And I'm working on a stripy sock made with two colors of Lang Jawoll. For some reason this sock makes me incredibly happy and it has become the favored project. Must be the stripes!

I'm thinking I'll be at the Massachsetts sheep and woolcraft fair next Saturday - anyone else going to be there?


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

I love that sweater - I never would have thought of turquoise and red together, but they totally work!

I'll be at the MA S&W on Saturday.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, I love everything about the sweater, down to those little red buttons. Cute!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Love the brightness of the baby sweater. The tag on the inside is the finishing touch! Bravo! Yes, indeed, it needs a matching hat, or at least a coordinating one.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home