Monday, April 02, 2007

how I know spring is finally here

Out there you all probably have your own signs of spring's arrival depending on climate. It may be seeing crocus peep up or getting rain instead of snow, but out here in western massachusetts there is one key sign for me. And that is when the Creamy Delights stand opens for the season.

creamy delights close up

Creamy Delights is on route 47 in the farming town of Hadley. Essentially it looks like the carnival was around for a spell and then moved on but the soft serve stand forgot to go. In the middle of a used car lot, across the street from a cornfield and tobacco barn, it sits.

across the street from creamy delights

creamy delights cone and stand

Run by the nicest people, you can get the best vanilla, twist or chocolate soft serve in a waffle cone with sprinkles, nuts or oreos for two dollars. TWO DOLLARS PEOPLE! That's for a small which is plenty big - trust me. They even put a marshmello at the bottom of the cone so it doesn't leak. So thoughtful! Of course they have other items on the menu like sundaes, shakes, lemonade and even hot dogs and hamburgers, but I can't resist the chocolate soft serve cone. On hot summer nights Elliott and I will go just before they close at 9pm and sit on the picnic bench eating our treats while customer after customer drive up out of nowhere for their after dinner dessert. Good times.

I think this concludes the unofficial week of sugary treats. Knitting tomorrow, I promise!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! You know where else has BIG, cheap ice cream? The ice cream place that's adjacent to Atkins. Those kids don't know what a small means, and it's really massive!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Yuuummmm. That looks so good. I just discovered a creamery 10-15 minute walk from apartment. They also do not know the meaning of a small. However they have discovered how to charge an arm and a leg.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever even been to Hadley, but suddenly I want to pack up and move there!

3:07 PM  
Blogger lisha said...

i can't wait to partake...

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home