Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm back and ready to knit

february baby sweater

I'm back from my work trip to St. Louis. I was hoping to have some time to knit and to blog about knitting, but work expanded to fill most of the time I had in St. Louis. I did have some time to knit in the airport and on the plane there and back so that was exciting. Here is the progress I made on the February baby sweater from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitters Almanac. I also have been enjoying reading through her process on her projects of the month and her very sassy comments. I can see why she has such a large fan club. Sign me up!

While I didn't get to knit much or at all, I did take some time to drive around take photos of kitschy 50's signage. Kitschy signs are high on my list of things I like to collect. When I get those photos off of the work camera, I'll post some and spread the love. I also went to visit Knitorious, a very lovely yarn store. The sales staff seemed to understand my need just to visit the yarn and to pet it. "Did I come home empty-handed?" you ask, mouth agape. Oh no, but my rule was only to get something that I couldn't get at my local yarn stores.

souvenir stash enhancement

I got some Louet Gem sock yarn to make a pair of socks in the Weekend Knitting book and some Cascade 220 superwash wool for a striped kid's sweater. They also had some beautful Lorna's Laces, but I tried to buy yarn for projects I already had in mind. Definitely a great store - go check them out. More photos to follow soon.
Tomoko - I had the Drewe's frozen custard - some for me and some for you - mmmmm!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your tasty treasures from Knitorious. LYS on a road trip is a requirement, isn't it?

2:24 PM  
Blogger tomoko said...

welcome back!!! I'm glad that you found some nice yarn... And I'm going to have to hear about your Drewe's experience frame by frame just to torture myself!

6:15 PM  
Blogger YarnThing said...

Love the sweater. You should check out th zimmermania blog and sign up! I have a link to in on my blog if you want to check it out.

Marly
www.knitthing.blogspot.com

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home