Thursday, March 22, 2007

finished object: february sweater

I know you've seen it practically finished, but I love that adding a few finishing touches, like blocking, buttons and a handmade label really make this sweater feel complete. Here are the final shots:

finished february sweater

button detail

label detail

Here are the specs:

pattern: February baby sweater in Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmerman

yarn: RYC Cashsoft Baby DK color 00901: Sugar

needles: addit naturals circular 5's

gauge: about 5 sts to 1 inch

extras: hand-embroidered label

started: February 26th 2007

finished: March 21th 2007 (knitting finished much earlier, but I slowed down on the finishing touches)

notes:
I really enjoyed using this yarn. It is so soft to the touch in a nice wool kind of way, not strange soft like some acrylics and seems perfect for tiny babies. It claims to be machine washable; if that's true it will be my number one baby yarn. This was my first top down sweater and there will certainly be more to follow. I'd recommend the Knitter's Almanac as a must read. I found it so amusing and just as fun and process oriented as reading any blog. I also used the "casting on cast off" on the sleeves and hem and I'm smitten! It's a great stretchy cast off that looks beautiful.

In the yarn department, I ran out of Louet Gem's for the petticoat socks... time to call the store

not enough yarn

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Oh no - you're so close!

I love the baby sweater. Do you know anything about baby sizes? What size baby will this sweater fit?

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank you for teaching me how to knit (and continually correcting my mistakes). With any luck we won't need to find Siamese twins to wear this baby hat I'm making...

9:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I have many baby things to make right now. Must make that sweater! Yours is lovely!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

A hand embroidered label? That is such a nice touch!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home