Thursday, March 08, 2007

some of the kitschy signs of St. Louis

Now that I've finally figured out how to download photos off of the High-Tech-Sophisticated work camera I can post some of the kitschy goodness of St. Louis. I love these old school metal and neon signs, they just make me so happy. Maybe because they are so optimistic and just gosh darn cheerful. And excited. Anyway here we go:

fresh donuts drive in

crestwood bowl

federhofer's bakery

johnny's market

ted drewes frozen custard

Of course I stopped here for the frozen custard. Not only because it was close to the yarn store and I needed some fortification after all the yarn fondling, but because my friend Tomoko, who lived briefly in St. Louis, would have throttled me if I didn't. It was just as wonderful and delicious as she described. I was surprised at the number of people pulling in on such a cold day for some frozen custard. I thought only people in Boston were crazy enough to eat mass quantities of ice cream in the cold winter.

st. louis arch

arch detail

Of course I had to visit the Arch. I finally even got to go up to the top with my parents who came down to meet me in St. Louis. Here is an incredibly bad picture of them but it was too cold out for more posing.

parents at the Arch

Doesn't my dad look great in his new goatee?

More knitting soon - what are y'all knitting out there?

2 Comments:

Blogger tomoko said...

Your dad's looking pretty good there.

Gosh. Can that arrow be any bigger at Ted Drewe's? So happy to see all the sign shots you got over there.

And I'm glad that I don't need to throttle you.

5:05 AM  
Blogger cheryl said...

I'm glad you didn't have to throttle me either. But I wish I could have brought you back some!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home