Sunday, May 06, 2007

weekly update

Hi all! It's been a bit slim around here, but I thought I would take advantage of the glorious weather to take some photos outside. I've decided that one of the fun parts about having a blog is that it's like being able to hav show and tell whenever you, well I, want. Now's good for me - how about you?

I got the best package in the mail this week. Lucy over at ZebraKnits sent me some stunning pieces of fabric from her Malawi quilt - even though I didn't win the drawing. Isn't that incredibly generous of her. Go check out her quilt - it's really an incredible piece with vibrant color. Her package completely made my week.

fabric from zebraknits

Believe it or now I've been slowly knitting away at e's sweater. It takes me most of an evening to knit about 1/2". I'm pretty pleased with the way the design is coming out and how the colors look together. Even the tension on the stranded color work isn't too bad. The hem wants to flip up a bit, but a good blocking should convince it to stay put.

current state of e's sweater

e's sweater detail

But since it feels like I'm making almost no progress, I had to start something more speedily gratifying. There are a bunch of babies coming up, so I'm making a fun little aran sweater from the Knitting for Baby book. I like the shocking color and think it will be pretty gender neutral.

baby aran sweater back in progress

I'm also in on the sockapalooza 4 action and having fun scheming what socks to knit for my secret sock pal. This involves petting a lot of sock yarn to find just the right one...

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oooh, that sweater is going to be super cute!

12:45 PM  
Blogger tomoko said...

e's sweater is looking good!! every stitch of love is there...

and I recognize the baby sweater! one of my favorite sweater pattern (mostly because I have no patience for an adult size sweater).

Happy knitting!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

The stranded colorwork "e's sweater" looks fantastic. May I ask what the pattern is/where it is from? Some patterns tend to be a bit much but I love this one and would like to make one myself. I have not gone down the rabbit hole of stranding an entire sweater yet but ready to give it a try.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you like the fabric. Have a Happy crafting weekend!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home