Wednesday, April 11, 2007

noni prism bag and other cuteness

unfelted noni prism bag

In order to feel like I'm actually accomplishing something, I started knitting the noni prism bag. That's right, if you're tired of your existing projects the best plan is to start something new. At least with this one I feel like I'm making a lot of progress - this bag in it's pre-felting state is HUGE. I'm knitting two strands of Valley Yarns Stockbridge together on size 13's. I think I'm getting about 3 stitches to an inch. Look at it lying on the sofa there - threatening to take it over. I'm almost done with the knitting part - but there is lots and piles of finishing to do. Felting, putting in a zipper, making a lining and attaching handles. One step at a time - right?

bottom of noni prism bag

I also picked up a copy of the Cute Book by Aranzi Aronzo this weekend. Can't wait to make one of the felt mascots inside. Look how cute! I've resisted the cuteness of the Japanese until now, but I think I need to put felt mascots on much of my clothing. Resistance is futile!

cute book cover

cute book examples.jpg

6 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

The colorwork on that bag is SO lovely! I really like that pattern. Those Noni bags are beauties. I need to keep my eye out for this one!

Aww, Japanese craft mags are a weakness for me! I have several that I just flip through. Wish I could read them :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

That bag is stunningly beautiful. wow!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing the bag! Wonderful design in fair isle. I can't wait to get to the yarn shop and to start one for myself. Let us know how the process is going :)

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That book is cute, cute, cute! I can't wait to see your bag all felted up, it's such a pretty design.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Nice bag! And wow, those cute mascots are so cool!

Thanks for your comment on the Venezia. I'm smitten with it too!

7:52 PM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

What fun stuff you have here! The bag is beautiful! Love the mascots and those cute little things you posted earlier. cute..cute..cute!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home