Thursday, June 14, 2007

birthday fun

Last Friday was my 36th birthday and I had the most wonderful day. I took the day off of work and did a large number of my favorite things:

1) Elliott and I went to the beach. And not just any beach but Crane's beach in Ipswitch, MA. It was a bit overcast and not quite as warm as I was hoping for but it was so nice to lay on the beach reading while hearing the ocean waves rolling in and taking small cat naps.

crane's beach

2) We split a lobster roll and fried clams at Woodmans in Essex.

3) We hit the Crate and Barrel outlet store and got a rug and a bookcase for our apartment.

4) We somehow managed to stop by Wild and Wooly in Lexington and visit the annual sale area. I may have gotten some birthday yarn...

5) We had Ethiopian food with fabulous fun people: blogless Alicia, Tomoko and her husband Jude. A delicious time was had by all.

6) We all had an afterparty involving chocolate ganache cake and more than one kind of ice cream. Again, a delicious time was had by all.

7) There were many sweet presents including:

glass earrings

vintage glass bead earrings made by cat bishop from Elliott.
Check out her etsy store!

knitting po

knitting po! made by my friend Tomoko

photo frame

A lightweight photoframe made with paper I designed. made by my friend Tomoko

And many other gifts, but I didn't want to show you all how spoiled I got this year!
I'm off to St. Louis for the weekend to celebrate the grand opening of a project I've been working on for many years and to celebrate my wedding anniversary. See you all soon!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

happy happy day to you!!! Sounds like it was delightful!

9:22 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

i want that knitting po! give it to me!

hee hee
happy birthday!

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl. It sounds like you had a fun day! All the best wishes for your anniversary and grand opening! Ciao.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! That little po guy is so cute.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Happy birthday! and Happy Anniversary! ;)

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl!Here's wishing you a belated Happy Birthday;hope you had lots of fun.I really like list that you gave and the photos.They're too cute!The Knitting po is the cutest birthday present that I've seen!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home