Monday, June 04, 2007

weekly update of fun and fo's

That's right - I've got your fo's right here - more than one even. Okay so they're smallish, but they're done.

1) Sweet baby cap
I saw this cute little hat that Adrian at Hello Yarn made and I had to make one too. Plus it uses up extra sock yarn and who doesn't have extra sock yarn? Well maybe a lot of you, who knows?

sweet baby cap

Specs:
Pattern: Sweet Baby Cap
Yarn: leftover regia sock yarn - I have no idea what colorway
Needles: 3's
Size: 6 months


2) stripey goodness happy socks
These socks make me so happy. I love the colors and the chunky stripes. It's almost cold enough to even wear them today - where did summer go?

blue + green stripy socks

blue + green stripy socks

Specs:
Pattern: basic toe up socks with short row heels
Yarn: Lang Jawoll - leftover green and one skein of blue
Needles: 2.25mm dpns
Gauge: 8.5 stitches to an inch
Size: size 8 1/2 foot


Last Wednesday I saw the Yarn Harlot speak at the Calvin Theater admist hundreds of knitters. That's right hundreds of knitters - approximately and exactly, at least 500 knitters came to welcome the Harlot. Her talk/stand up humor was brillant and punctuated by the clicking of hundreds of knitting needles. My people!
I had the pleasure to meet Jessica aka Frecklegirl and to score a Ravelry button. Ravelry is Jessica's brillant new site for knitters. Essentially it is a great place to store your fo's, inventory your stash, keep a list of future knits, research patterns and chat in forums with hundreds of other knitters. I've been trying it out for a few weeks and I have to say it's been extremely helpful in getting organized and deciding what to knit next. It's still in beta form and you can get on a waiting list to join here.

And last but not least, I started knitting some Monkey socks for my sockapalooza 4 pal. More to come!
monkey progress

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay- those socks look awesome!

So great meeting you and hanging out... :)

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That baby cap really is sweet, aww. But oh! That yarn you're using for the monkeys is so gorgeous!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Those are going to be some pretty Monkeys!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

I LOVE the yarn you're using for Monkey. That hat is so sweet. I just finished up some socks last night and have lots of yarn left over to use on the hat! :)

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home