Thursday, July 05, 2007

more making

Happy Fourth everyone!
I hope that you all had good celebrations. It rained here and was somewhat stormy and sucky outside, so Elliott and I hunkered down and watched many movies with much knitting and craftiness for me. Now that it's sunny again, I can show you my latest sewing efforts:

limey linen skirt

This combines the efforts of making some fun summer clothes while busting through the fabric stash. You can see how wrinkly the linen is going to be, even after I ironed the heck out of it, but its a great material for hot weather. I'm thinking about embroidering some circles or other fun decorations on it. Thoughts?

specs:
pattern :Butterick pattern #3134
fabric: linen fabric from stash, probably purchased many years ago in Philadelphia

Earlier this week I got to help my friend Lisha (aka. Pedro's mom) make some photo albums for her fraternal twin sisters. It was so fun to show her the ropes on some simple book binding techniques. I can't wait to see how they turn out chock full of family pictures.

fraternal twin photo albums

2 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

Embroidered circles would look great. Something a little funky/retro. Then I looked at your banner and thought that would look really cute embroidered on your skirt too!

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On such days, it's feels great to be creative at home. Embroidering your really nice skirt sounds fun.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home