Monday, July 16, 2007

crafty goodness is now for sale!



Hi peeps,
I'm announcing the grand opening of my etsy store. I'll be selling homemade blockprinted cards, quilted paper cards, journals and bath salts. Hopefully more fun treats to come. Please go and and take a look-see:
www.yarnbee.etsy.com

Also, Elliott, my husband has decided to sell his amazing spice blends in his own etsy store. I've been lucky enough to try them all. They really make everything taste better. No really. They do. You can find his store at:
www.emburke.etsy.com

And if that isn't enough excitement for you all, I finished a sweater. I know, I know I haven't blogged about it, but it's a store sample for WEBS and I was racing to get it done in time. My friend Alicia kindly offered to model it as it's a bit too small for me. See what you think.

portland sweater frontside

portland sweater sleeves

portland sweater neck detail

portland sweater backside

Specs:
Pattern: #103 Portland sweater from WEBS
Size: smallest 35" bust
Yarn: Valley Yarns Rainbow / color #26 Brick / 8 balls
Gauge: 6 stitches = 1 inch
Needles: 3's
Started: June 22
Finished: July 12
Notes: This is a pretty easy and somewhat mindless knit, which is great for much movie watching. I would recommend blocking the sleeves in shape (stretching out the bottom half ) before you pick up the stitches for the main body.

In other late breaking news, Elliott sent me a photo today of my Gymnocalycium catcus with its first flower! I couldn't be prouder!

gymnocalycium flower

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the etsy store! Also, that sweater looks lovely, it reminds me of a Noro sweater that was popular with the kids a couple of years ago.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Ami said...

Great sweater! Congrats on the etsy store. I love your notecards... I already ordered some.

12:45 AM  
Blogger DivaDea said...

Congrats on your new etsy shop! The sweater is absolutely yummy. You should put your "etsy mini" on the sidebar of your blog here so people can see what's in your shop when they read your blog :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Okay you are one busy lady! Congratulations on your store! The sweater looks really nice and I am in love with that yarn.

2:27 PM  
Blogger LeAnna said...

I love that you've started your own cottage industries. Very New England!

-L

3:32 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

wow! i just checked out your etsy and not only are your items beautiful, but you've already sold almost half your items. congratulations! i am marking your shop as a favorite and hope to shop there when i have some funds. thanks for sharing your talent in this fun way.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Congrats for your store. I really love your note cards. You are so talented!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

wow that's a pretty sweater, it looks just like that cornelia tuttle hamilton sweater, klaralund.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home