Friday, August 10, 2007

I got my socks and I got memed!

Look what I got in the mail today! Could it be?

sockapalooza package

sockapalooza fun package

sockapalooza socks are here!

You bet your pants it is! My socks came in from my sockapalooza 4 secret pal. Well, now not so secret, as she revealed her secret identity. They are from Jennifer over at carolinacrafts. Isn't she an amazing knitter? I am so lucky to be the recipient of these socks! She knit me a gorgeous pair of Monkeys out of Socks that Rock Silkie in the Midsummer Night colorway. You can't imagine how soft and wonderful these socks feel. And not only that she enclosed a bunch of fun treats, a sheepy tape measure, some yummy wool wash, a beautiful little sock knitting bag and even extra yarn for repairs. Thanks Jennifer!

And the fun just doesn't stop there people. I also got memed by Tomoko the goods maker for the random 8. I've never been tagged before so I'm a little woozy from all the excitement. So here are eight completely random bits of info about me:

1) All of my relatives came from Poland three generations ago. In some strange smug way I enjoy being 100% Polish, but let's face it, I'm really just as American as everyone else. I just like having a secret purebred past in my back pocket.

2) I like lots of candy, all candy, especially black salty licorice, but I can't stand butterscotch. at all.

3) I breath through my mouth when I sleep even if I fall asleep with my mouth closed, just ask my dentist.

4) When I was in college, my work study assignment was to monitor the computer lab. Essentially I just had to take student's ID cards and assign them to a computer. So I had three hours to do what ever I wanted, which either consisted of my getting high score on Tetris or making complicated origami forms, like eggplants or seashells and giving them to the most stressed out looking students.

5) Because I grew up in Michigan and regularly visited all of the great lakes, which look like oceans but are freshwater, I still can't believe the ocean is salty. Whenever I go the the ocean I have to taste the water and make sure it's really salty.

6) Speaking of salt, I love salt, a lot. Not just on food, but even on its own. And anything briny like pickles, olives, pickled vegetables, capers, caperberries, I think you get the idea.

7) When I was little I used to go to Frank's nursery and craft store and buy plants that looked like they were on their last legs, take them home and try to save them. I definitely have a green thumb.

8) I'm a big fan of parrots and feel a lot of connection with them in the same way some people are dog people. I like their sense of humor and the fact that often they look like they are smiling. There are some great parrots out there.

All done! Now I get to tag a few people. Let's see, how about

Brent at Defiant Hope
Elliott at Becoming Fire

Happy weekend everyone.

12 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

i'm 100% french and first generation american. i too, kind of like that i'm not a mutt ;)

9:44 PM  
Blogger carolinacrafts said...

I'm so happy you like your socks! :)

Jennifer

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! on the Spin Out Logo
Love it!!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the spin-out logo! you did a great job designing it!

I love your sockapalooza socks! (and i love black salty licorice too -- mm!)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

as with probably many folks, i linked over from January One...congrats on your logo! I browsed through your etsy shop..cool stuff! I'll be back!

Finally--awesome job on the Portland Sweater--that's a cool design and I may have to add that to the ever growing list of things to knit! Anyway, great FO!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on the salt. Nothing tastes better to me without salt. Even on its own too! Are you sure you're Polish? I thought it's an African thing to use salt as an only condiment on food! Can you tell am joking?
I will be making monkeys soon... yours are lovely!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I came over to congratulate you on the great Spin Out logo -- it's wonderful! And your socks are wonderful! I had a lot of fun with sockapalooza myself!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the spin out logo!

You were very lucky on your socks, they are fab!

10:03 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

hey congratulations on winning the spin-out logo contest. i really like it.

and when i read your name i thought "hey i even know her!" well i kind of know you.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I thought everybody breathes through their mouth when they sleep? Hmm. Well, still an interesting bunch of facts!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT logo! That logo is just perfect and I'm sure you didn't have much competition. You definitely deserved to win and congratulations!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Amy McWeasel said...

I browsed over from January One. Love the Spin Out logo you designed. It's very fun and whimsical.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home