Friday, October 05, 2007

catching up

There are all sorts of odds and ends to catch you up on, gifts that just showed up in the mail, last week's visit to the state fair, finished socks - stuff! Here we go.

1) Contest winners!!

drawing winners

A big thanks to everyone who entered, I've had a lot of fun reading your blogs. Elliott and I stopped work at noon, put everyone's name in a bowl, and picked out two winners for the blog-a-versary contest. Congratulations go to Linda J. who won the japanese style stab bound book and to Lisa who won the tasty thai green chili spice blend. I'll be emailing you shortly to get these treats off to you. If for some reason you don't hear from me in the next day or so, email me at yarnbee-at-gmail-dot-com.

2) Fabulous gifts

gifts!

I had alluded to amazing gifts I had received from Lucy at Zebraknits when I got to visit her a few weeks ago. And I finally got my overflow package from Philadelphia today. Check out the beautiful handmade necklace and the stunning African fabrics. It will be a lot of fun to decide what to make out of them. And that's not all, Lucy also gifted me with a vintage knitting magazine from her mother-in-law's collection. A hilarious Spinnerin from 1967. Isn't this centerfold spread the best?! Bring on the parade!

poncho parade

3) The Big "E" State Fair Extravangaza

alpaca buddies

giant corn dog

more giant squash

floral sweater at big E

I'm a big fan of state fairs in general and our own crazy "big E" or more officially the Eastern States Expo. Apparently the new england states are too small to have separate state fairs. Anyways, I love watching the 4-H kids show their prize animals, and the overwhelming amount of deep fried food that is available. I also entered some knitting and won two second place ribbons and a third place. Apparently if I can figure out how to block better I might win a blue ribbon. It's good to have something to strive for :D

4) Finished socks
jaywalkers

Here are the finished jaywalkers for my friend Tomoko's birthday. Only a few months belated! I used Kaffe Fassett's Regia sock yarn in the landscape fire colorway. Definitely not a lot of stretch to these puppies, I would try them on as you go. Otherwise fun all around.

fried green tomato monkeys

Finally finished monkeys, well one monkey. The other monkey is at WEBS having it's photo taken for their new catalog. It's showing off the new Franklin sock yarn colorway by the Kangeroo Dyer called of all things Fried Green Tomatoes. Should be available soon.

And soon to come - the finished big fair-isle bunny cardigan photo shoot - just sorting out the button situation. Okay all up to speed - have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

i love the big E. i'm so sorry that i missed it this year.

and i love those tomoko socks. she's going to love them!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been busy there. How great to have your beautiful 'E' entered for the contest! Congratulations!

The socks are incredible too. I have it on my to do list to knit those monkeys and jaywalkers. Someone will be happy!

Enjoy your weekend!

2:16 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Congratulations on your ribbons!!! :) I want a corn dog now.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home