Friday, August 24, 2007

squares squared

I'm really enjoying these lazy hazy days of August. Because I have a flexible work schedule I've been able to fit in a bunch of bike rides and a lot of outdoor time. But don't you be thinking I've been slacking on the knitting! Slow and steady makes the mitered square blanket. Here is where she stood last weekend - all the squares were finally finished:

all squares finished!

And this week I've been slowly working my way through seaming all the square together. Isn't this much better?

almost all the seaming is done

mitered squares detail

I still need to seam the two sections together, but my plan it to knit the boders on the top and bottom first, so I'm not wrangling the full blanket on my lap until I have to. I ordered some more knitpicks options needles and the 60" cord to make the border, so now I have to way until they show up in the mail. I'm thinking garter stitch border of random stripes of color to use up as much cotton as possible.

And I've also been knitting some monkeys for me when I tire of the endless seaming:

green monkeys in progress

happy weekend - go enjoy that last bit of summer.

9 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

Wow your blanket is amazing. There are so many color combinations in there that look beautiful together.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

It's wonderful - just like looking through a kaleidoscope!

2:37 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

I love the mitred blanket. I have been tempted by Cara's in the past and definitely want to try it. Yours is beautiful! I love the colourway you are using for the monkey socks.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket is AWESOME. Such a big project! The colors look so nice together.

:)

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend knitting and finishing up the gorgeous blanket!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fa. Bu. Lous!!

2:00 PM  
Blogger carolinacrafts said...

Which yarn are you using for the Monkey socks? I really like that color!

The blanket looks great. :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

wow! your blanket looks incredible. so lovely. love the ways the colors interact with each other. good for you for doing all that seaming. i hate seaming. love your socks. what yarn are you using? the colors are beautiful.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, good to see that blanket almost done! It looks really lovely.

Don't tell the blanket, but I sort of love the sock and plate a little more, because they match so perfectly! And the needles match, too! I need to accessorize my knitwear better.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home