Wednesday, October 31, 2007

slow but steady finishes the projects

That's at least what I'm hoping. I've got a lot of projects on various needles and I'm chugging along slowly on all of them, going from one to the next as my tiny attention span wanders on. I'm trying to get some christmas knitting in the mix as well, hopefully soon.

Here is the rundown, in case you're interested:

Tangled Yoke Cardigan:

tangled yoke progress

This is that lovely Eunny Jang cardigan from the fall Interweave Knits. I'm pretty smitten with it so far, but I'm also bored in the vast landscape of stockinette and trying to remember the beautiful cable coming up as a big reward. Still have to visit sleeve island however... next!

Fair Isle Mittens:

fair isle mitten progress

mitten detail.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, Gail the Kangeroo Dyer who sells beautiful handdyed yarns at WEBS, invited me over to play in her dye studio. It was a pile of fun to watch her work and play around with some color combinations myself. I also dyed some fingering weight shetland wool for fair isle mittens. The pinky red in the photo above is a result of dye fun day - also these crazy colors:

extra mitten yarn

I'm thinking about making a pair of fraternal mittens - purple + red and purple + green with aqua trim at the bottom. Somehow knitting with yarn you dyed is even more fun. This might fall under the christmas gift catagory, but I'm worried that I'll want to keep them... next

Man Socks:

man socks progress

Since it finally decided to be fall and actually cold around here, Elliott has been wearing his handmade socks a lot. I was getting the strong hint that he might like another pair, so I'm whipping some up out of Hello Yarn sock yarn. I was a little concerned that I wouldn't have quite enough, so I've knit the first sock up to the toe and started the second one from the other end of the ball. We'll see what happens. Nothing too fancy here, stockinette stitch knit toe down with a fancy eye of the partridge heel for good measure.

Shop Update:

new blockprinted cards

I been blockprinting like crazy and I have some new sets of "hens and chicks" cards available at the etsy store. Check them out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Haley said...

wow. you've been really busy since last time i slowed down to read some blogs. i love your dyed yarns--especially that blue--yummy! all your projects looks lovely, especially your bunny cardigan. it is gorgeous! very impressed with your pattern creating skills as well as the knitting. looks like you're being productive and having fun. thanks for sharing!

8:38 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Those are really exceptional mittens. I am impressed with your spinning and dying abilities!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love that cardigan. I think it's my favorite pattern in the fall issue - simple and very elegant. The color you chose is even better than the magazine. Can't wait to see the final sweater. My hats off to you and all the projects you're working on. I've hit a slump and can't seem to find time to work at all.
Knit on!!!
Lisa

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been quite busy! How come you're so lucky to get to play in the studio dyeing yarn? Sounds like you fun.

What yarn are you using on the fair isle mittens? You got me into the itch and am seriously about to jump in Fair Isling by starting small.

Hope your weekend is great!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home