Monday, December 31, 2007

happy 2008!

2007 knitting

I hope you all are enjoying the last day of the year. I've been enjoying reading "end of the year" knitting and crafting reviews on blogs such as Lolly knitting around and ZebraKnits. While on a day-to-day basis I can sometimes feel pretty unproductive, it was fun and shocking to see how much crafty goodness I've been up to in the past year. In the past 365 days I made a raglan and a yoke sweater for the first time, designed a sweater, learned how to spin, earned a spinning wheel with knitting, met some bloggers who were more fun than I would have guessed, went to a fiber festival, went to a knitting group, got better at finishing, tried intarsia, learned some very basic crochet and tried to keep the stash to a minimum. I just pretend that the yarn store is my stash - it doesn't need to all be in my living room.

I'm not sure what the crafty plan is for 2008. I'd like to get better at spinning and I'll be teaching some basic knitting classes at WEBS starting in February. I'll be sure to keep you all posted. Have a fun and safe and super crafty New Years!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice to meet you in 2007. Happy 2008! :-)

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 2008! You have made wonderful crafty accomplishments this year and I hope there will be many more to come in 08! I am thrilled to have met you this year!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

You made some very beautiful pieces in 2007 - one of my favorites was definitely the colorwork yoked pullover. Gorgeous work!

Wishing you a wonderful 2008!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Looks like a great year for you. Happy new year!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

You had such a great knitting year in 2007. I hope 2008 is just as great!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home