Saturday, December 22, 2007

off to michigan

It sure has been a busy week over here. Generally my workload slows down in December but for whatever reason, work has been steady in showing up at my desk. This is really cutting into my fun crafting time! But it's all good. On a up note all of my small amount of Christmas knitting is finished and some of it even delivered and can now be revealed in blogland.

thrummed mittens

Here is a pair of thrummed mittens for my friend Alicia. These crack me up every time I look at them. They are huge plumpy full of soft and squichy wool thrums - see?

thrummed mitten insideout.jpg

I didn't quite mean for them to look like christmas trees with lights, but I had some green peace fleece wool in the stash that I thought would be perfect, and I added some cascade 220 and cashmerino cuffs so would be soft and voila!

thrummed goodness

specs:
pattern: thrummed mittens by Yarn Forward
yarn: Peace Fleece worsted weight - color 7470; I think this is Shaba
and some Cascade 220 and Cashmerino Aran for the cuffs
needles: 6's and 8's magic loop
thrums: from Hello Yarn

I also spun up some BFL wool for my friend Tomoko. I'm not sure my spinning is good enough to present as a gift, but she graciously received it.

bfl autumn girls handspun

specs:
yardage: 270 yards of sportish weight
roving: Spunky Eclectic BFL wool in Autumn Girls colorway

More gifts to be revealed soon! Elliott and I are off to Michigan to visit my family for the holidays. Catch you in the new year if not sooner and have a wonderful celebration yourself!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE my new mittens!!! Not only are they super warm but they make me smile too. I love the Cheryl touch they have. Thank you for such a fabulous gift! xx, a.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Cheryl! Your gifts are fantastic! See you soon.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

great thrumed mittens, they look very toasty. The yarn looks lovely too - nice work.

9:40 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

I have been curious about thrumed mitts since reading Amy McKay's Birth House. They look like a winter decadence. So inviting.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Ooooh thrummed mittens! Those really do look decadent.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Gitte said...

They are absolutely lovely!

7:46 PM  
Blogger kelp! said...

I giggle every time I see thrummed mitten innards.

And your handspun is absolutely amazing! I definitely think it's gift-worthy!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your thrummed mittens are divine! The absolute height of cosiness. Well done!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home