Saturday, January 26, 2008

orange and blue

Not too much to report over here at Chez Crafty. I'm in the middle of cleaning and organizing my home office and studio. Even though I feel like I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff, or correctly filed stuff and have bags of paper to recycle, my space looks worse rather than better. Probably because I'm only half done. But good things have turned up. I found some great books I forgot about. I took my grandma's 1960's Singer 600 to get a turn up and to fix the thread tension, and I'm back in business today. I can finally sew button holes on ribbons for the bunny sweater and maybe for the tangled yoke sweater. We'll see how crazy I get.

And a bit of knitting going on:
fetching mittens

I made some Fetching mittens out of my own handspun. I'm so smitten with them and proud as punch. Like I had a yarn baby or something.

And spinning!

handspun on niddynoddy

Here is about 2 ounces of Romney wool from Fantom Farms - probably worsted weight.

blue cormo handspun

Here is 3.7 ounces / 360 yards of Cormo wool from Foxhill Farm. Maybe socks? It's so squishy soft!

Birthday mittens for Mom to be revealed soon!
happy weekend all!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are getting better and better at spinning beautiful yarns! I can see some unique items being knitted. Good luck organizing. Am so in need of that too over here.

The orange mittens are happy looking!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

January must be just the ticket for purging and cleaning. Everyone I know including myself are doing the same thing. The pantry, laundryroom, computer desk,art space and yarn space look great but the kitchen table and counter are like a scene from a horror movie. Alas, no knitting has been done but we'll hope for this week. At least you have snow. Hey, you know your spun yarn is beautiful. The bright blue is such a welcome pleasure at this time of year (we're all grey in St. Louis).

11:04 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

your handspun looks so delicious!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

what great fetchings! What a nice way to use your hand spun. L-O-V-E the fox farm, what great color!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

I think that's a great way to describe it - like having a yarn baby. You must be incredibly proud, especially since it's your own handspun. The color is amazing.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely spinning, C! I'm proud as punch too (on your behalf). Love that bright blue. xx. a.

10:35 AM  
Blogger mel said...

That is some seriously lovely spinning! Though I'm finally starting to feel like a Knitter, I'm afraid I may never be a Spinner! I find it hard to dedicate the time necessary to my wheel in order to improve - but man is your pretty yarn good inspiration. Love the handspun fetchings too, great color!

I tagged you with a little make my day love on my blog, no obligations, just fun stuff!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home