Wednesday, January 09, 2008

odds and ends for $20

Hey peeps!
I have a finished tangled yoke sweater to show, but unfortunately my photographer is sick. As soon as mr. e recovers, I'll post some photos. Until then, you'll have to make do with the following odds and ends:

noro striped scarf

I've had a small pile of Noro Silk Garden Lite laying around just waiting to be turned into one of those cool stripey scarves and over the holidays I cast on and stuck it in my knitting bag. It's essentially my vacation knitting, it's so mindless and wonderful to see what color combinations randomly happen. The noro colorways are brillant as usual and I'm excited to wear this one. I'm making a skinnier version that I can wrap around my neck a couple of times for more color action.

handspun scarf

On the car ride to Michigan, I whipped out this simple seed stitch scarf out of my first batch of handspun. It's pretty lumpy bumpy but it was fun to knit with yarn I made myself!

handspun wool - spunky eclectic vineyard

I've also been doing a bit of spinning - this is Spunky Eclectic's wool blend in the vineyard colorway.

cormo singles

And this is what's on the wheel currently - cormo wool from Foxhill Farms. So nice to spin!

syd, pedro + ms.b

I'll leave you with a shot of the birds. We had Pedro the conure and ms.b the parakeet staying with us over the holidays. We've never had all three parrots together and pretty quickly it became clear that Pedro and ms.b had a little summer camp romance going on. Syd was clueless about the whole thing. Unfortunately Pedro returned home and ms.b is a bit sad to have lost her man.

10 Comments:

Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

I made two of those Noro striped scarves as gifts this Xmas and loved watching the colour combos emerge....love the results on yours!

4:19 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

you've been rocking the wheel there missy. everything looks great.

and i have to make one of those noro stripy scarves.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

love the scarves & spinning - nice job! I am getting some noro for that scarf - mindless/vacation knitting sounds great!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely sccarf. I have to try this Noro yarn...it's pretty.

Nice to finally meet ms. B.

Oh, and the spinning, the yarn is lovely. What will you make?

10:37 PM  
Blogger cseneque said...

Love the lumpy bumpy scarf, it's awesome.
And of course the Noro stripes are divine.
Nice work!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

The stripey scarf is very very nice. I hope mr e feels better soon so we can see the cardigan!

8:31 AM  
Blogger mel said...

That's some really lovely spinning!! I have GOT to get back to my wheel - maybe this weekend, you've inspired me!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors on your blog are always so striking! I love that Noro scarf, and your handspun yarns are lovely :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger lisha said...

the knitting is lovely lovely...but i had to give a shout-out to the (love)birds. cute!

12:24 AM  
Blogger kelp! said...

Yeah, your handspun rocks. Rocks! I really like the seed stitch scarf, the colors are great and it looks very cozy.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home