Thursday, January 17, 2008

photo shoot - finally

There were a bunch of knitted goods all stacked up waiting for a sunny day and a photographer. I decided to settle for a photographer, an overcast day and a tripod, since it's supposed to snow yet again tomorrow. Anyway I bring you - finished knits!

tangled yoke front

Hooray! Finally finished the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. It kept getting bumped in line for Christmas knitting and store samples, but I managed to finish it up over New Years.

tangled yoke side

tangled yoke side


Pattern: Tangled yoke cardigan in Fall Interweave Knits by Eunny Jang
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool - 7 skeins of color #114
Needles: 3's and 4's
Mods: I made the body about 1 inch longer.
Notes: I think this pattern is a great combination of interesting knitting and elegant design. I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out, although it seemed to take FOREVER to knit the cable because you add so many many stitches. I'm curious to see how the silky wool will hold up. I'm hoping it keeps its shape - so far so good.

noro striped scarf

The noro striped scarf is done! Still needs to be blocked though.
Pattern: BrooklynTweed noro scarf
Yarn: Silk Garden Lite - 4 skeins, 3 colorways
Needles: 5's
I cast on 40 stitches for a longer and skinnier scarf. It's about 5" wide unstretched and about 7 1/2' long.

karma hat side view.jpg

Elliott also scored a Karma Cap for Christmas. He picked out the yarn himself!
Pattern: Karma Cap from www.smariek.blogspot.com
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted in burgundy, one skein
Size: Large
Needles: 7's
Mods: changed top decreases like Brooklyn Tweed
brooklyntweed.blogspot.com/2007/10/cap-karma.html

here and there cables scarf

He's also sporting a scarf I knit him for Christmas a few years ago.
Pattern: here and there cables scarf from Scarf Style
Yarn: Renyolds Odyssey - 8 balls - can't remember what colorway
Mods: Didn't change a thing.

I got some spinning for show for next time and some pretty fiber I got with my Christmas money.
wheeee!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

The Tangled Yoke looks great! Mine is silky wool and seems good so far. Though I really only wear it around the house. I remember the longer rows on the cable taking up to an hour each.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Fantastic knits! The TYC looks great - the yarn really makes the cables pop.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Tangled Yoke is lovely! It looks fantastic on you!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

The TYC looks so pretty. I love the Noro scarf too. Your partner's hat looks great, and he picked a good color too. I love his scarf and will have to knit one for myself I think.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for yet another beautiful knit. The tangled yoke really looks fantastic.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Tangled Yoke is great.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Such a pretty cardigan. I love everything about it - color, fit, yarn. Tripods are the way to go if your photographer is nowhere to be found!

1:34 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Yeah! Look at all those lovely knits! My poor husband is seriously due some knitted gifts ;) And your Tangled Yoke is just lovely, what a gorgeous design!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Ulla V. said...

Godness me, so many wonderful things.....I totally agree with you about the yoke cardigan. It suits you very well :0)Love the yarn you used for it!

5:16 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

That is a lovely job done on all pieces.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

everything looks great! just wanted to let you know i am passing on the "you make my day" award to you. see my blog for more info. feel free to pass it on if you want to.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Max said...

How fetching you look in that Tangled Yoke! It really suits you. It had not been in queue before, not at all, but now it is! Therefore I bestow upon you the You Make My Day and Also Make Me Reorder My Queue award :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I love your Tangled Toke Sweater! It is gorgeous! Great job :)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Those all look great! Are you wearing the crap out of them right now? :)

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home