Thursday, February 07, 2008

month of mittens

Apparently, January was the month of mittens around here. I love mittens! They are like little sweaters for your hands. Happy wool accessories!

fiddlehead mittens

I got to test knit some lovely Fiddlehead mittens for Adrian at Hello Yarn. She designed the mitten pattern and handdyed the amazing palette. They are also lined with alpaca which makes them even softer and warmer. I really can't say enough nice things about these, they were a pleasure to knit. Here are some of the other color combinations on Ravelry.

fiddlehead mittens

I also have been secretly knitting some mittens for my mom's birthday:

magnificent mittens for mom

pattern: various charts from Magnificent Mittens cobbled together
yarn: Hifa 2 - various colors
lining yarn: Misti Alpaca Lace doubled
needles: 2.75mm
details: The mittens are lined with alpaca which makes them super cozy and warm - well worth the extra effort. Happy birthday Mom!

magnificent mittens for mom

So many lovely people listed Yarnbee as one of the blogs "Makes their Day". Thank you all so much, you're making me blush!

If you haven't yet, you should run and visit just a few of the blogs that make my day:

Macoco at Craft Pirate


Mel at Pipe Dreams and Purling Plans

Tomoko the Goodsmaker


Adrian at Hello Yarn

and

Elliott the resident chef at mountain of spices blogging about food

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

hey you picked 3 people i actually know in real life!

and both pairs of mittens are beautiful.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Those mittens are incredibly beautiful!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I love both Adrian's mittens and your own. Gorgeous! I am currently knitting the Bird in Hand mittens - so it's definitley mitten month!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I can't wait 'til that mitten kit is available. Love the mittens for your mom!

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both pairs of mittens are beautiful! I've never had lined mittens - they must be sooo nice.

6:44 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

OMG you had me at hello. Those mittens are sooooooooo gorgeous!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Thank you so much!

Your color combinations are so striking and bold. I love it! I need to add more of that spice to my knitting.

Your mom is going to love those mittens.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not so over these mittens. I have thought about them a lot. They are gorgeous and spice up your winter wardrobe. Tell me they were easy to knit. And your mom's pair is stunning too. You're now my official colour mitten queen!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Oooh, those are really beautiful mitts! I keep seeing friends queue that pattern in Ravelry. And your mom's mittens look so, so warm. I only wish I had the patience and determination to make some like that for myself!

8:42 PM  
Blogger iHanna said...

Your mittens turned out so very beautiful, they look perfect with your gray coat! Great work, I wish I could knit these right now, but I have way to much yarn waiting already... :-)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Love, love both sets of mittens! The colors are so wonderful. Happy sweaters for the hands is exactly right!

3:40 AM  
Blogger priscilla joy said...

Pretty mittens...I know my sister would like a pair of those!

12:05 AM  
Blogger kelp! said...

I love, love, love that colorway of Adrian's mittens! They look absolutely wonderful with your coat, I hope you got to keep them!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home