Friday, February 15, 2008

not too much excitement around here...

I guess that's what February is all about sometimes. I've got a couple of big projects in the works, but I haven't had much time to devote to actually starting them. They involve math and measuring and stratagems and such, and my tired brain is unable to reliably solve such challenges on a weekday night. But perhaps tomorrow will provide an uninterrupted expanse of brain power. So I've been knitting small reliable things which don't require much mental capacity.

I've been working on a pair of socks for Elliott as he sprung a hole in the heel of his browny green socks. I fear that made him worry that hand knit socks are fragile and he should ration out the usage. I figure it's better to use them up and make more, so I've been cranking away at a new pair. Photo soon - its essentially a teal, lime, brown, periwinkle variegated affair. Luckily mr. e is willing to be bold with his color choices.

And I finished up some christmas socks for my friend in Philly. I think this is the last of any promised christmas knitting. She really wanted a pair of monkeys and decided on Kangaroo Dyer's Macaw colorway sock yarn from Webs. She is certainly not shy about color either:

macaw monkey socks

I'll leave you with some spinning:

fantom farm handspun

This is for one of the aforementioned large thinking projects. Suffice it to say I'm thinking circular yoke sweater - this handspun would be for the yoke design. Yummy roving from Fantom Farm. Still plotting...

Have a good weekend all!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm drooling at the colors you spun up. I can't wait to see what you dream up. :-)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

*squishes the purple one again*

7:16 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Those colorful socks are right up my alley. Love 'em.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Love the Monkeys, and adore the spinning!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors in those Monkeys!

Circular yoked sweaters are my favorites. Can't wait to see what you do with the yarn you spun up - it's beautiful.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

The colors in your handspun are gorgeous (I especially love the pink and the green)! They will certainly make for a beautiful yoke.

6:02 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

The spinning is coming along very nicely. I like the array of colours. And monkey socks are as charming as ever.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home