Sunday, March 23, 2008

happy easter!

peeps!

Happy easter and spring my peeps! I hope you are all having a good celebration and it is warm and sunny wherever you happen to be.

Work is trying to swallow up all of my time, but I'm managing to stay one step ahead. That said I only have a few things to show for myself craft-wise. I just finished up a pile of knitting gifts for my friends expecting a little chick pea. You know who you are and your baby shower is next Saturday - so if you're reading this, close the browser and step away from the blog...

So one of these friends is descended from the pirate Henry Avery, which of course meant that this baby needed some pirate knitwear:

baby pirate knitted ensemble

pirate pocket detail

pirate anouk embroidered label

baby hat and booties

Ensemble:
-Anouk dress/tunic from Knitty Spring 2004, modified to have pirate pockets and embroidered label.
-Saartje's Bootees
- your basic stripy baby hat with I-cord loops
All knit with Cascade Pima Tencel

I've also been doing a wee bit of spinning:

watermelon corriedale

This is corriedale in the watermelon colorway from Sakina Knits. Worsted weight 2-ply.

I'm going to be swallowed up by work for the next week or so, but I'll be back as soon as I can.
happy spring!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baby set is so incredible. Very inspiring!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

What a fantastic set - your friend is incredibly lucky. I love how it looks like the skull/crossbones looks like it is smiling. ;)

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baby set is very cute. And I like the yarn. Looks like summer. :-)

7:05 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I love the colors - so springy! Lucky baby! The spinning is amazing too! Good luck getting through the week.

7:46 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Wow! that is outstanding. That will be one hip baby!

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of the best baby sets I've seen! The colors, the style, the nice photography, so cute! I love the bright blue background. :o)

9:59 PM  
Blogger lisha said...

awe-some! that turned out so great! ye ole baby is going to be the coolest baby around. yar!

also: i did not read that first sentence correctly, and thought you said, "spring my peeps," as in, "my peeps are being held hostage - spring 'em!" but that's after much travel and fatigue. and bedazzlement by the pirate ensemble.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Happy Easter!

I love the colors of that handspun. Beautiful!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

love, love, love! That is some inspired baby knits - nice work.

The spinning is also very "spring" - Yay!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Oh, that baby ensemble is adorable!

9:07 PM  
Blogger mel said...

What a great baby set - I love the pirate-girl anouk :)

And lovely spinning, so very springy!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cute baby set. I especially like the dress.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

This is so adorable! Great job!

2:34 PM  
Blogger cseneque said...

Oh, so gorgeous! Lovely.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow...I assume that was for Joel and Liz! It's incredible! How's life?

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home