Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm still knitting - really I am

anime baby bonnet

It's been pretty quiet on the blog front with general summer outdoor enjoyment and bike rides, but I have managed to sneak some knitting in. I found out that one of my cousins just had a baby girl so I whipped out this cute little bonnet for her this weekend.

you want details?
pattern: Anime Bonnet from Hello Yarn
yarn: 1 ball of Valley Yarns Goshen
needles: 5's
notes: I used heavier weight yarn so I made the smallest size and ended up with a 6-12 month size hat. I also used embroidery floss to stitch up the face with my mediocre embroidery skills.

ripple progress

I'm also making a soft waves ripple crochet blanket for my brother who is getting married this fall. I'm using piles of cascade 220 and other worsted weight leftovers. My plan is to do a color stripe (2 rows) a night and hopefully I be done in time. I'm going to have a hard time giving this one away...

Other than that, I'm trying to sort out what big project I want to tackle next. As always I have more ideas than available time, so sometimes I let them simmer for a while and see what stays on the list. What projects are you flirting with out there?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Awesome blanket! I love the ripple pattern everytime I see it. But I don't think I can ever commit to making one! I don't think I'd ever finish.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Paty said...

I really like this hat! super nice!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way your baby hat turned out! It's the best I have seen so far. I also want to make a ripple blanket.

I am working on socks and the ever popular February Lady Sweater.

Beth (big geek)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

The colors in the blanket go so well together, it's hard to believe you are using odds and ends from stash! And the baby hat is just plain adorable.

I love your color sensibility. It's so cheerful!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love ripple blankets. More colors the better! The hat is really cute. Embroidery on knitting isn't easy either. Is it too late to sponsor you on the bike ride still?

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks!

The purple mohair sweater I have on the needles is Just Too Hot to have on my lap in this heat and humidity. (It'd stick to me - ick!)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home