Sunday, December 24, 2006

chicken dinners

zehnder's chicken dinner neon sign

While it's been overcast and rainy the whole time I've been in Michigan, I've still managed to have a bit of fun and visit some old haunts. The other day my parents and I ended up in Frankenmuth after a day of travels. Frankenmuth proudly describes itself as "MIchigan's little Bavaria", but my childhood memories of the place center around having an all you can eat family style chicken dinner served by a guy in lederhosen, and going to the candy store afterwards and getting a giant jawbreaker to lick on the way home. True to course we had the all you can eat chicken and the jawbreaker as well. Merry Christmas!

frankenmuth

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

What a terrific looking haunt! Sounds yummy, too! Merry Christmas!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in southeast MI and haven't been to Frankenmuth in ages. I love their buttered, breaded noodles! Happy Holidays!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home