Monday, July 28, 2008

well it wasn't the tour de france but it was fun...

noro stripy socks

Do you all find socks hard to photograph? They look strange without feet in them, but it's hard to photograph your own feet. And it's hard to come up with a good pose for your feet - if only I knew more ballet positions perhaps. Today I tried the self timer and placing the camera on the floor. The only problem with that is you can see how dusty dirty our floors are with giant dustbunnies roaming the plains of the living room. But I digress...

finished socks!
specs:
pattern: your basic 64 stitch toe up recipe with short row heels. I like heel flaps better, but I think the short row heels look better on the stripy socks.
yarn: stripes of Noro Kureyon sock yarn colors 184 and 95
needles: 1's
verdict: Love the fraternal striping action - these amuse me to no end.

lisha & cheryl photo finish

In other finishing news, my friend Lisha and I had a great time on our 62 mile charity bike ride. We were part of the amusingly named team, the "pink-yellows" which consisted of us, Lisha's husband Bobby and our friend Nate who both did the 100 mile route. When they left for their ride, an hour before us, the sky was threatening with rain and it looked pretty unpleasant, but when we left at 8:00am the sky had cleared considerably and we all had beautiful weather. I hadn't gotten as much training in due to general work business and super humid weather, but I surprised myself by finishing the ride in good shape. Everyone volunteering and riding were so nice, and the route was beautiful, going through Haverhill, Amesbury, New Hampshire, Ipswitch and Boxford.

As for the raffle for the Webs gift certificate, I'll be holding that on Thursday. If you're still interested in donating to Emmaus and getting a raffle ticket, you can do that through Wednesday. Here is the donation page. Thanks so much to everyone who donated to the ride, I really appreciate your support. I'll leave you with a photo of team pink -yellows.

team pink yellows

6 Comments:

Blogger Joansie said...

Love the socks! I chuckled when I read your comment about photographing socks. I feel the same way. Besides, my calfs are heavier than I'd like so it doesn't make for a pretty picture.lol.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Those socks are wonderful! I love the stripy action.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

62 miles??? Wow for riding that far. I can barely ride uphill for a quarter mile!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the stripy socks! I have the same problem with photographing socks. So difficult! And our floors are generally dirtier than yours appear to be :)

Congrats on the bike ride, too!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are great looking. Do you have any trouble with carrying the yarn down the stripes? And the bike riding weather looks great! I'm too chicken to get a bike and ride around Somerville so I love seeing others getting to ride. :-)

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back from your ride!! And congrats on the finish!

And those socks are amazing!! I still haven't cast on my first pair yet, and I was planning on doing something a little lacy, but these look like they are so much fun and non-intimidating that I might just have to whip them up first. I always loved the look of the noro striped scarf, but I've never really been a great scarf knitter, so these are really looking like the thing for me!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home