Thursday, August 14, 2008

odds and ends

It's been a strange summer in the weather department over here in New England and the continual parade of thunderstorms just won't stop. Today appears to be no exception, but I did manage to get some photos of knitting in before the clouds piled up. Hello clouds! Didn't really miss you, you could take a few days off. Really.

splityarn OMG squirrels point'n'shoot strap

In the category of "making me smile" is this awesome point'n'shoot camera strap that I'm test driving for Caro at Splityarn. It makes my little spy camera so much cooler. And so much more likely that I won't drop it like my last one. Please forgive the dorkolicious photos, I loaned my old camera to a friend and had to shoot the strap with the exciting mirror shot - since that strap is not coming off the the camera. There are some in Caro's shop right now - run over and get yourself one!

pea pod baby set

In the category of "finished objects" I finished a hat sweater set for a good friend of mine expecting this fall. I've got a pile of friends who are pregnant so I'm trying to keep up with the baby knits!
This is the Pea Pod Baby Set by Kate Gilbert knit out of 4 balls of Cascade Pima Tencel.

lotus blosson tank progress

In the category of "knits in progress" I started the Lotus Blossom Tank. I am quite smitten with the modifications that Lickety Knit did to hers and hoping for similar results. I am struggling with the gauge so I've ripped back above the lace once and hopefully I can nail it this time. Maybe I can even get it done to wear this fall...

more ripple

Still cranking away at the crochet ripple blanket, my guess is that I'm maybe halfway done. That's about it for now -

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Ooh, you're an enabler... I had to have one of those fantastic straps! :)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I love it all! Great knitting, and I'm jealous of your clouds... it's breaking 100 here!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still loving that ripple blanket. Makes me want to go get a bunch of Cascade 220 in bright colors and make one for me. :-)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home