Thursday, September 11, 2008

back from touring the midwest with an FO in hand

lotus blossom tank

That lotus tank - she's all done she is!

Pattern: Lotus Blossom Tank by Sharon Shoji from Interweave Knits, Summer 2006 (Ravelry linky)
Yarn: 8 skeins of Ella Rae Bamboo Silk in color BS-08 Marine
Needles: 6's, 5's, 4's and 3's
Size: 38" bust (tinkered with gauge to get this size - I used the directions for the 39" bust)
Notes: I'm using the brilliant modifications from LicketyKnits to make this a tank that would fit well and that I would really like to wear. Namely, I added one lace repeat, the improved waist shaping, knitting 4" before the armhole, and used a smaller needle size on the neckband to prevent gaping. I did only 2 paired increases after the waist increasing to get the 38" bust instead of the 39". I'm pretty pleased and surprised with how well this fits.

lotus blossom tank sideview

lotus blossom tank back view

I'm finally back from many adventures in the great Midwest which included a business trip to Nebraska and a side excursion to the state fair, a family visit to rural Wisconsin, rocking good times in Chicago culminating in my brother's wedding. Click on any of the links to see photos in Flickr. I was going to make carefully crafted mosaics for the blog post but that feels overwhelming as I catch up on things, so go take a looksee if you're interested.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim U said...

That looks great on you!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

The top looks so nice on you. Beautiful work!

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful knitting and nice color on you!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I love that tank and have been wanting to make it for a while. I am glad you shared the changes you made.

You look great in it!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Looks perfect! Beautiful fit and color choice.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

ohh, yours turned out SO much better than mine did! awesome!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Your tank is absolutely amazing - the lace detail came out so well. The color looks great on you.

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tank is just gorgeous. What a lovely color, and it fits you perfectly. Bravo!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home