Monday, May 25, 2009

new sweater pattern and some potholders!

Hi blog, it's been far too long since we've spent some time together. I've been working on sneaky projects and gifts that I couldn't show on your lovely page and then there were pesky things like work and gardening and traveling that seemed to get in the way. I'm a fickle girl sometimes and have been having more mini updates on Flickr - come on down sometime!

New pattern - Hosta Leaf Cardigan

hosta leaf cardigan

hosta leaf cardigan

hosta leaf cardigan yoke detail

Pattern: Hosta Leaf Cardigan available at Webs / ravelry link here
Yarn: Northfield by Valley Yarns - which is a lovely squishy silk, merino and alpaca blend and is crazy-soft.

In other news I've really been enjoying gardening this spring. Our new cottage comes with some small beds and borders for planting fun and our lovely landlords offered me some space in their giant kitchen garden. I've also had access to the greenhouse and the manure pile, so I've had a lot of fun starting plants from seeds. At this point I have lettuces, spinach, kale, chard, beets, carrots, radishes, and onions up by the cottage. Dill, sage, marjoram, savory, lemon basil, sweet basil, thai basil, thyme and oregano in the herb garden. And tomatoes, tomatillos, husk cherries, eggplant, fennel, and soybeans in the big garden. That doesn't include all sorts of flowers in borders and containers. It's not the best planned garden, think rambling cottage garden and you get the picture. Speaking of pictures - I need to take an updated photo today with all the greenery.

potholder swap "a sides"

I also did a potholder swap and sent in my potholders last week. These were lots of fun to make and I got to sharpen up on my crochet skills.

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are all having the same lovely weather that we are.

8 Comments:

Blogger k said...

Great sweater - love the colour too! Good luck with your garden.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous lucy said...

Hello there! You are busy cranking those beautiful patterns. Congrats on the new addition.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

This pattern is beautiful! I love it!

Great job on the potholders too!

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great new pattern! I love it. Those potholders are wonderful, too.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the potholders, they are so bright and colourful! and i love the cardigan too, it looks great on you :)

5:18 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Love the potholders!

7:16 PM  
Blogger LeAnna said...

Hi Cheryl- I've given you a "One Lovely Blog Award." Check out the details at my blog. http://thewondersof.blogspot.com/2009/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html

-L

8:45 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Great potholders--you've inspired me to make some to work on my skills! What group do you swap with? Something online?

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home