Sunday, November 09, 2008

not knitting but still using color

Elliott and I spent the greater part of this past weekend painting a couple of rooms in the cottage we are renting. We will be moving in a few weeks so it will probably be rather quiet on the blog front. I'll give you the partial tour:

Here's the front side - it's a 1916 Sears kit house. A petite cape cod style with room extensions off on the side like a miniature farmhouse.

cottage-street side

And here is the back and the main entrance with the little garden:

cottage backside garden

And a view of the front yard:

cottage - front yard

An action shot of Elliott painting:

elliott painting

Both the living room and dining room were this rather drab dark beige color:

cottage - living room painting

This is much better:

cottage - dining room

cottage - living room

How much yarn can I fit inside???

9 Comments:

Blogger Paty said...

lovely cottage! I love the new colors! nice job!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a charming cottage with lots of space. I bet you're loving playing around with colour! Congrats!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

This is such a nice place! I love the new colors too. I bet you can fit plenty of yarn there.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

It's so lovely! What nice views, and great light, too.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Oh it's so cute!! The outside reminds me of my grandparents house! Same blue shutters and white siding. I'm sure once you get it all painted it will be awesome!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cottage, and the colors are just so fabulous. Great light in there, too! I wish our little cape cod got so much light (alas, we're in the city and have houses on all sides, stealing our sunshine!).

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The house is beautiful. It reminds us of the cottage we used to stay in at Bert Lake. Hope the move goes smoothly. Let us know you new address.
Love, Mom

11:12 AM  
Blogger Malea said...

What a fabulous little cottage! I have to say I am a fan of drab beige, but i do admire people who can do color.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like an adorable house! The colors are awesome!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home