Tuesday, December 30, 2008

gifting

Hello out there!
I hope that you've all had a wonderful break and are slowly easing into the new year. I tried to keep away from the frenetic-to-do-frenzy that Christmas usually sweeps me into. Instead, I made a smaller gift list with handmade items, didn't send cards, didn't have a tree; but had more stillness and tried to spend more time with family and friends. It was good.

Now that gifts have been gifted, I can post some photos to the blog:

circles yoke for my sister

Here is the circles yoke pullover I made for my sister. To avoid us being sweater twins, I made her version with Cascade 220 in chocolate brown for the body and substituted the pink-red color in the yoke for orange. She seems pretty pleased with the finished product. Can I just say that I cannot get enough with the yoke sweaters? They are so enjoyable to knit.

guitar man socks

I made some socks for my Dad. These are the guitar man socks by Rebecca Mercier knit with 3 balls of Louet Gems in the ginger colorway.

noro taiyo anne scarf

One queen anne lace crocheted scarf for a friend. I used two balls of Noro Taiyo and had a hard time putting this in the mail. I may need one for me...

cherry garcia cowl

I also made a couple of Cherry Garcia cowls. Fabulous pattern from Hello Yarn knit with Mirasol Yarn Miski which is so soft and warm. Love that baby llama! I used three skeins to make two cowls.

Okay I think I'm getting caught up on the knit goods. More to come soon including lovely handmade gifts I received. Stay warm and cozy!

7 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

My goodness, what lovely stuff. Lucky giftees! I think you most certainly DO need one of those cool crochet scarves for yourself. :-)

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful gifts! I so love your Circles Yoke pattern...I am going to have to knit myself one, someday.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love that Circles Yoke pattern and intend to make one for me someday. And the Anne scarf is also quite drool-worthy. I don't know how you parted with it. I think you had some lucky gift recipients this year.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did beautifully on your gift giving. I totally sucked on that.

Have a wonderful new year full of all things you love!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Oh - I'm so jealous! A Circle Yoke sweater!! It's gorgeous :)

I love the Queen Anne Scarf too - it's definitely a must knit!!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness, what lovely stuff.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

all very beautiful. that crocheted scarf does look like a lot of fun. makes me consider learning to crochet.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home