Monday, August 10, 2009

knitting to show you - and a tomato!

It's been an odd summer this year, with the weather all strange wet and cold, and I've been working on so many secret projects (one which will be revealed in the Fall Twist Collective - hooray!) that I've not had much fodder for the blog. But finally this weekend I had some time to finish some non secretive knitwear.

eastlake

eastlake

eastlake

Finally finished my eastlake, just in time for some fall wearing.

Details:
Pattern: Eastlake from Norah Gaughan Vol 3
Yarn: 8 skeins of Inca Gold in color 6418
Needles: 5's and 6's
Size: 34" Which I never would have picked but I tried on the 34" at the WEBS trunk show and I'm so glad I did. Normally I would have gone with the 37". I think this sweater does not want any ease to look good and I usually add a few inches.
Notes: Knit according to pattern (note the errata on the website) but not completely happy with the joining of the neck section in the back of the sweater. I may retinker this part if I can do it without ripping out the neckband...

anemoon

anemoon

anemoon

My friend Lucy at A Black Pepper just published this pattern. She is a genius with the cables and I was happy to try it out for her. I wouldn't normally think this sort of hat would look good on me, but I'm really pleased with how it looks. Go make yourself one!

details:
pattern: Anemoon by Lucy Sweetland
yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL in color 020 slate grey - 3 skeins
needles: 5's and 6's

first tomato!

And as promised here is a photo of the first tomato. I've really been enjoying the chance to have a real garden this year and to take in all of the rhythms of the farm that we live on. Starting with crocus, daffodils, barn swallows and asparagus in the spring to the current buzz of cicadas and bushes full of blackberries its been satisfying to take in all of the quiet life here. Hope your days are incredibly enjoyable and full of little wonders as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Your Eastlake is stunning!

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Mandy said...

Great projects! I especially love that sweater. The fit is great!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely projects Cheryl! I bet the tomato tasted ten times better than the grocery store one!

And *thanks a lot for your help!*

6:12 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Oh Eastlake - what a beautiful knit!! It looks lovely on you, perfect fit.

I love (LOVE) Lucy's stuff - that hat is terrific :)

AND! Now I really can't wait for the new Twist! Yay!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

Ok, you are the most adorable girl in this wonderful sweater! You look amazing!
xoxo, p

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home