Friday, January 12, 2007

kangaroo raglan sweater

baby raglan with kangaroo

I've had a lot of fun making this baby raglan sweater and even though it needs buttons and even a label, I'm too excited to wait until its completely finished before I show it off. Here she is for your enjoyment!

kangaroo detail

Note the cute little felt hand-embroidered kangaroo and tiny joey peeking out.

ribbon buttonband detail

Here's a close up of the ribbon backed button bands with whipstiched button holes. Now I just need to find the perfect buttons.

pattern: Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
yarn: Snuggly Double Knitting from Sirdar - three colors
needles: 5's
gauge: 20 sts. and 30 rows to 4"
started: December 28th 2006
finished: January 11th 2007
notes:
With this little project I've had in the back of my mind all of the beautiful sweaters and clothing that Oilily puts out. I love their bright use of color and pattern. So amazing! And so completely out of my price range! I like the idea of embellishing handmade clothes with special details for both kids and grownups. So I added a felt kangaroo from a vintage stuffed animal pattern that I got from my Grandma - its from 1964, how fun is that?

vintage animal pattern

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger tomoko said...

That cardigan is the cutest thing...!!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Ami said...

Cute sweater! I love your kangaroo.

7:26 PM  
Blogger cheryl said...

Thanks!I just found it some buttons so I'm excited to see the finished product.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful sweater. Love the kanga!!!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home