Thursday, January 25, 2007

slow but steady progress

Not too much to report over here in the land of wool, just slooow but steady progress.

seamless yoke sleeve

Here is the state of affairs with the seamless yoke sweater. As you can see I'm almost at the end of the first sleeve. I'm using 2 24" knitpicks options circular needles. I used an invisible cast on (in the light blue) and knit the first round in lime green for a contrasting edging. This is probably the most color accurate photo for the heathered burgundy yarn. I'm hoping to finish this and the other sleeve this weekend and then the fun can begin with the multicolored yoke. I'm still trying to work out short rows additions for the back to make the sweater fit better - I'll keep you all posted...

e's sweater swatch new color

On my trip to Providence last week, I stopped at A Stitch Above and found other color to use on e's sweater for the edge bands instead of the gold. Of course I only bought one skein, which probably won't be enough, so I'll have to get another one. This swatch is hard to photograph, its so affected by any other color around it!

cones of yarn for e's sweater

Here is a photo of the cones themselves from WEBS. They are each over a pound, so I think I'll have enough. Now I just need to finish that pattern math so I can get started.

cena disturbed from eternal napping

I'll leave you with a shot of Cena, in a brief moment of awakeness. She's been in training for a sleep marathon....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home